In order to become a WMDA provisional member and to list donors or/and cord blood products in the Search & Match Service an organisation is of the following type:
- Registries which meet the requirements below to list donors/cord blood products on the Search & Match Service and participate in two-way exchange (directly listing of donors/cord blood products and searching for donors/cord blood products for patients in need of a transplant) of products across international boundaries for the benefit of transplant centres;
- Registries which meet the requirements below to list donors/cord blood products on the Search & Match Service but only participate in a one-way transaction with other international bodies by providing their donors/cord blood products to other bodies, but not acting on behalf of transplant centres to obtain international donors.
- Organisation listing donors or cord blood units in the Search & Match Service through another entity (e.g. a cord blood bank listing its cord blood units through a registry).
The criteria to become a provisional member are:
- The organisation meets the legal standards as established by the country in which the organisation operates (this could be achieved, for example, through sending a certificate of the local health authorities together with the application);
- The organisation complies with quality indicators such as standards of testing and HLA typing (this could be addressed, for example, by sending certificates of the testing laboratories with the application);
- The organisation meets certain ethical requirements, particularly in the consenting of donors and mothers (this could be addressed, for example, by sending a translated copy of the informed consent and applicable policy governing obtaining informed consent);
- The organisation has the capacity to facilitate requests. The provisional member should be prepared to fulfil requests coming from other countries for blood samples, verification typing or infectious disease marker (IDM) testing or shipping cord blood units on a timely basis. The provisional member should also be prepared to collect and transport adult stem cells and/or cord blood products to other countries on a timely basis.
Services included in WMDA provisional membership fee:
– listing of one stem cell source in Search & Match Service
– access to Search & Match Service for registered registry search coordinators
– access to WMDA Share for registered staff members
WMDA provisional membership – flat fee: € 3.500, –
Additional product fee: HSC product fee (1-99 products provided in 2017): € 130, –
Additional product fee: HSC product fee (>99 products provided in 2017): € 8, –
Services not included in WMDA provisional membership fee:
– ION registration: € 256, –
– Listing of second stem cell source: € 1.675, –
All above mentioned fees will be charged annually
Fill in the form below and you will be contacted by the WMDA office.