The mission of the Donor Issues Committee is to recommend to the Executive Committee policies, programs, and actions pertaining to the identification of stem cell donors (bone marrow, peripheral blood, unstimulated leukocytes, and cord blood), harvesting procedures, product transportation, donor safety practices, and outcomes / long term follow-up within a member collection center; this includes the conduct of individuals and processes related to these procedures and practices.
Meetings & Teleconfereces
The Donor Issues Committee meets annually. The Donor Issues Committee has organized four Donor Outcome Workshops. Workshops have been in Bern, Leiden, Vienna, Tel Aviv.
The Donor Issues Committee completed the following projects:
- Joint WBMT/EBMT webinar on Haploidentical family donors with special respect to minors as donor.
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell donation – standardized assessment of donor outcome data:
- Determination of eligibility in related pediatric hematopoietic cell donors: ethical and clinical considerations.
- Suitability criteria for adult related donors:
- Position Statement of WBMT:
- Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (WBMT) perspective:
- Changes in Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Practices in Response to COVID-19: A Survey from the Worldwide Network for Blood & Marrow Transplantation.
- Suitability of haematopoietic cell donors: updated consensus recommendations from the WBMT standing committee on donor issues.
- Prioritising health equity alongside donation safety - Authors' reply
Brainstorming with committee members to define specific needs for teams in emerging countries.
- Brainstorming with committee members to define specific needs for teams in emerging countries.
- Designing educational material (booklet) for staff members / operators working in the field of medical clearance of stem cell donors and apheresis procedures.
- Preparation for publication of a book about all aspects of stem cell donors.
Want to join us?
Send an e-mail to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org