The mission of the Education & Dissemination Committee is to recommend to the Executive Committee policies, programs, actions and materials pertaining to the development or design of resources prepared for the express purpose of educating a populace about HSCT. This committee collaborates with all partners within the WBMT - but particularly the European School of Haematology (ESH) - and assists in “single voice” preparation of opinion or advisory materials for the WBMT and/or WHO. It plays an important role in Workshop program design.
Meetings & Teleconfereces
The Education & Dissemination Committee participates in various projects related to seminars and printed materials related to haematopoetic stem cell transplantation.
The Education and Dissemination Committee completed the following projects:
- Published a book entitled Bone marrow transplantation in bone marrow failure syndromes.
- Prepared a Springer book entitled Establishing a hematopoietic stem cell transplant unit: A practical guide.
- Publication: Worldwide Network for Blood & Marrow Transplantation (WBMT) special article, challenges facing emerging alternate donor registries
This committee continues to work on the following projects:
- Develop new educational tools (e.g., e-learning program, webinar conferences). The Committee is working on a webinar on Multiple Myeloma on September 22, 2020.
- Develop online training programs.
- Participate in the creation of an International Continuing Medical Education (CME) accreditation plan.
- Establish contacts and identify obstacles for setting up new transplant centers in emerging and underdeveloped countries.
Want to join us?
Send an e-mail to mail to email@example.com