The mission of the Transplant Center / Recipient Issues Committee is to recommend to the Executive Committee policies, programs, or actions pertaining to the performance of hematologic transplantation and other cellular therapies / procedures within a member transplant center; this includes recording recipient outcomes, maintenance of records, and the conduct of individuals and processes carrying out these procedures and practices. The committee administers activities related to the global transplant activity (GTA) reports and GTA data use proposal reviews/deliberations.
Meetings & Teleconfereces
The Transplant Centre / Recipient Issues Committee has bi-monthly online meetings.
The Transplant Centre / Recipient Issues Committee completed the following projects:
- Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation Recommendation for Establishing a Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Program: Minimum requirements and beyond.
- Narrowing the gap for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the East-Mediterranean/African region: comparison with global HSCT indications and trends.
- Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (WBMT) recommendations for establishing a hematopoietic stem cell transplantation program in countries with limited resources: Clinical, technical and socio-economic considerations
- Revision of the WBMT Research Guidelines, the guiding principles of collection, presentation, dissemination and sharing of the Global Activity Survey data. In the Global Transplant Activity Guiding Principle #3, a paragraph was added to provide the WBMT policies of the authorship for publications by using the GTA. To respond to growing interest to GTA data use, WBMT Operation Manual for GTA Use was formulated along with the Letter of Commitment. The revisions of the WBMT Research Guidelines were approved by the Board in September 2021.
- One and a half million hematopoietic stem cell transplants: continuous and differential improvement in worldwide access with the use of non-identical family donors.
- Brazilian Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation and the Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
- The Chinese HCT survey: a non-manipulated haploidentical transplantation procedure makes a novel contribution to data sharing within the regional and global transplant registries and to worldwide knowledge.
- Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (WBMT) Recommendations Regarding Essential Medications Required To Establish An Early Stage Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Program.
- This Standing Committee continues to work on the following projects: • Continue to lead the Research Data Activities Task Force, including overseeing review of incoming proposals for use of GTA data. • Letter of intent for funding the project by the Leukemia Society has been submitted. Agreement between the societies has been presented to the EC and protocol finalized. • Reviewed and approved a study request for use of GTA data to describe the global state of HCT for multiple myeloma including outcome (WAUSTIM project). • Transplants of acute myeloid leukemia worldwide and utilization of autologous and allogeneic HCT in this indication. • Review paper on rare infections among the recipients of HCT. • Encourage use and further analyses of GTA data more broadly. • Intervention for drug shortage in Latin America by Pierre Fabre together with WHO. • Development of an internet based database (GTR) for transplant centers to submit their transplantation data.
The Transplant Centre / Recipient Issues Committee continues to work on the following projects:
- Implementation of an internet based database (GTR) for TC’s to submit their transplantation data.
- Develop an annual report from the GTA in the form of a slide set to be available to all member societies on the WBMT website.
- Earlier publication of the GTA data with the use of the new database.
Want to join us?
Send an e-mail to mail to email@example.com