The mission of the Transplant Center / Recipient Committee is to recommend to the Executive Committee policies, programs, or actions pertaining to the performance of hematologic transplantation and other cellular therapies / procedures within a member transplant center; this includes recording recipient outcomes, maintenance of records, and the conduct of individuals and processes carrying out these procedures and practices. The committee administers activities related to the global transplant activity (GTA) reports and GTA data use proposal reviews/deliberations.
Meetings & Teleconfereces
The Transplant Centre / Recipient Committee has bi-monthly online meetings.
The Transplant Centre / Recipient Committee completed the following projects:
- Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation Recommendation for Establishing a Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Program: Minimum requirements and beyond.
- Narrowing the gap for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the East-Mediterranean/African region: comparison with global HSCT indications and trends.
- Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (WBMT) recommendations for establishing a hematopoietic stem cell transplantation program in countries with limited resources: Clinical, technical and socio-economic considerations
The Transplant Centre / Recipient Committee continues to work on the following projects:
- Develop an annual report from the GTA in the form of a slide set to be available to all member societies on the WBMT website.
- Continue to lead the Research Data Activities Task Force, including overseeing review of incoming proposals for use of GTA data.
Want to join us?
Send an e-mail to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org